Why would I want a legal broker ?
I vividly remember my father telling me, if it's important, use an expert. That doesn't mean I can't do it myself, I can. The point is, they do it quicker, better and achieve results I don't even know are possible. No-one is an expert the first time.
You may be thinking, what good is legal broking for me? Think about this. A legal broker can be a very good idea for you. The legal environment is extensive and diverse with over 100 areas of specialist expertise. List the ones you could name. How would you find somebody with those specialist skills? Most people have little idea where to look for help with their issue. That is where we can help. We do know where to go, who to speak to, how to connect to the sort of assistance, the sort of precise and high level skill that you might need.
You may think, my local lawyer can do that. But, local lawyers want clients so you might be induced to use the local lawyer whether there is capacity to properly service your matter or not. You may not even reach the specialists you need. Also, your local lawyer does not offer the range of choice we have. As your legal broker, our sole function is to find the best lawyer for you and resolve a contract with the best terms possible for you. With all due respect to your local lawyer, that result is less likely.
Another quality of legal broking is you are 1 step removed. An intermediary (like us), keeps all your private information and vulnerabilities out of the negotiation, and still private. We communicate with the lawyers and discuss their availability, interest and the prime terms you require, like cost, agency, specialties, quality of service, success rate, reputation, and experience levels. You only disclose who you are and the details of your matter to your committed lawyer. We can negotiate without complete details. With us arranging a lawyer [as a legal broker], you get effective representation while you and your details remain separate from the process.
Sometimes it's important to be out of the negotiating process. What if you are being prosecuted for major tax evasion under a scheme provided to you by an expert. That expert may have fallen foul of the authorities and you are caught in that web. Do you want to explain the full extent and detail to each lawyer you negotiate with to represent you. Inevitably, as a potential client, you are asked to tell them everything and you can't avoid doing that if you want the conversation to proceed. As a legal broker, we can proceed without that level of disclosure. Most times you are moving into a situation where you will pay quite a lot of money for these services, so getting value for money and protecting your position is sound thinking.
Another example might be conduct involving sexual, abuse or violence elements. It is awkward for you to disclose,then negotiate in this context. You may be compelled to explain to people who are not committed to assist you, but merely considering supporting you. Your negotiating position is weak. If you try to reassert your position, they drop you and you have told them all the information for nothing.
Then, who will do your work. Is this the firm's new case officer or managing partner. Or is it the lawyer who will do your work. If you are accepted,will you be allocated and to whom. The cab rank principal is an interesting philosophy, often discussed, but not always strictly followed. You may disclose your details to several firms who decline your work.
As your legal broker, we represent your best interests. We carry the ordinary contractor's burden, to give value for money and be worthwhile for you. There are a number of other reasons why legal broking is valuable for you and we will be very happy to explain them all to you. The conversation will be in complete confidence.
Think about the benefits of legal broking and whether they work for you.Let us, your legal broker do the legwork for you.
A SMILE FOR YOU
- Little Johnny was sitting in class doing math problems when his teacher picked him to answer a question. "Johnny, if there were five birds sitting on a fence and you shot one with your gun, how many would be left ?" "None.",replied Johnny. "'cause the rest would fly away." "Well, the answer is four," said the teacher. "But I like the way you are thinking." Little Johnny said, "I have a question for you now. If there were three women eating ice cream cones in a shop, one licking her cone, the second biting her cone, and the third one sucking her cone, which one is married?" "Well," said the teacher nevously, "I guess the one sucking the cone?" "No," said Little Johnny, "the one with the wedding ring on her finger. But I like the way you are thinking."
ON THIS DAY DECEMBER 10, 1898
- The Treaty of Paris of 1898, was an agreement made in 1898 that resulted in Spain surrendering control of Cuba, Puerto Rico, parts of the West Indies, Guam, and the Philippines to the United States in exchange for a payment of $20 million. It was signed on December 10, 1898, at the end of the Spanish-American War, and came into effect on April 11, 1899, when the ratifications were exchanged. The Treaty signaled the end of the Spanish Empire in America and the Pacific Ocean , and marked the beginning of an age of United States colonial power.
Signing the Treaty of Paris
DECEMBER 9, 1993
- A historic mission to repair the Hubble Telescope has ended and is considered a complete success with Hubble back in action. The repair involved of a number of space walks with the longest made by Story Musgrave and Jeff Hofman spending seven hours and 21 minutes on their final task to unravel the 40 ft solar panels which power Hubble.
Hubble Telescope Repair
DECEMBER 11, 1994
- Robert the Bruce, a Scottish hero who ruled as king and freedom fighter in Scotland, has had his heart misplaced. This was discovered when Rev. Dr. Christie suggested that Robert the Bruce's heart should be buried in Israel. A shriveled heart was found, but experts said it wasn't the right heart.
Robert the Bruce's Heart Misplaced
- *The broccoli says 'I look like a small tree', the mushroom says 'I look like an umbrella', the walnut says 'I look like a brain', and the banana says 'Can we please change the subject?'
- *"The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
LEGAL SECRET SERVICE
"Privacy is not something I am merely entitled to; it's an absolute prerequisite"
– Marlon Brando
Celebrity or not, we all enjoy being recognized and applauded. However, there are certain aspects of our lives that we fight to keep under wraps. That's private and not for the eyes of all and sundry. We like to be in control of what we share and with whom. Period!
Therefore when it comes to matters where we require legal expertise, we are all the more sceptical. The position of law on attorney/client confidentiality is well established. A client has the right to insist that any information disclosed with the advocate is guarded and kept secret unless explicitly permitted by the client or is required by the law under certain exceptional situations. This is known as client legal privilege or legal professional privilege.
Your own "Secret Service". How cool is that?
Nonetheless, despite the legal rights protecting our confidentiality, there is still an iota of hesitation when we meet with a lawyer face to face. What if other lawyers in the firm have access to my files? What if it gets into the hands of a receptionist or a secretary? Oh, the consequences of my details being made public! These are some of the questions that nag us even as we seek out a lawyer.
Well, here is a solution to all those worries. Legal Heartbeat offers you a unique and special facility known as 'Legal Secret Service'. For the first time ever in history, you are being provided a service wherein you do not have to divulge your identity to your lawyer! Your matter is solved by legal experts with utmost skill and care, but all that they know about you is what you choose to reveal to them. It means you have your own "Secret Service". How cool is that?
Here is how it works. The very swish code generator available in the Secret Service link produces a unique code for you. Open an anonymous email address and email to the Finance Department with your code. You'll be given a file number, (probably the code) and your account is opened in the anonymous name that you give. Subsequently, you email with the anonymous email, in detail setting out what you want. Your work goes to a lawyer. It is appraised and you are given a price. You make your payment and the lawyer does your work. A written report of the work is emailed to your anonymous email address.
You examine the work and consider your position. Any further exchange occurs as necessary to complete your work and brief. When your needs are met, you confirm the completion. The anonymous account is closed. An anonymous account can only run for 30 days, unless special arrangements are made.
You might be someone who has been accused of a sexual indiscretion, or plan one, and want advice on the legal ramifications. Maybe you are a celebrity wanting to start a business exploiting your fame and need advice on the formalities involved and do not wish to be identified until your pet dream takes wings. Better yet, you want to file for a patent claim but do not wish for the details of your invention to be publicized. You might be any of these or someone with a totally different issue. But what you've in common is that you value your privacy.
That's where Legal Secret Service steps in. It does not boast of doing anything other than providing legal solutions. What sets it apart though is its unique feature of ensuring not only the confidentiality of your matter but also your identity!
Leave a Comment
- Luke and Obi-Wan are in a Chinese restaurant having a meal. Skilfully using his chopsticks, Obi-Wan deftly dishes himself a large portion of noodles into his bowl, then tops it off with some chicken and cashew nuts. All this is done with consummate ease you'd expect from a Jedi Master. Anyway, poor old Luke is having a nightmare, using his chopsticks in both hands, dropping his food all over the table and eventually himself. Obi-Wan looks at Luke disapprovingly and says, "Use the forks, Luke. Use the forks".
- I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food ....
by Unknown Author
You must be the change you wish to see in the world .... by Gandhi
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there ... by Will Rogers
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least ... by Unknown Author
My take-home pay can't even take me home ... by Unknown Author
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. ... by Lao-Tze
- Heard downtown, the new LHB Probono offerings are very generous. The hard task is determining who is a worthy recipient of the support. Someone is going to be very happy.
The new web site offers a lot of opportunities for people to do something useful about their own problems and rewards people who make an effort to help themselves.
Encouraging self-help in legal, now that is rare. The Special Services offered are very good. Secret Service, to the left, is a very attractive offering for those who have that particular need.
There are several Special Services now and more in development. The section on Legal Risk is being developed to give you some warning of the risks that you can be exposed to and an opportunity to do something about them and prevent those risks turning into disasters for you.
A SMILE FOR YOU
- Did you know that in the human body there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the butt? It's called the Anal Optic Nerve, and it's responsible for giving people a depressed outlook on life. If you don't believe it, pull a hair from your butt and see if it doesn't bring a tear to your eyes.